Best Keto Appetizer – Sesame Sauced Sausages
- 25 cocktail sausages
- 2 tbsp (25g) brown sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1.5 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp mustard (powder or regular)
- 1 tsp ginger (powder or minced)
- 1 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 green onion – chopped
- On a pan over medium heat, cook the sausages until they are 90% cooked.
- While the sausages cook, whisk together the coconut aminos, sugar substitute, mustard, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and water in a small bowl.
- Once the sausages are 90% done, pour in the sesame sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Continue cooking until all the water has evaporated and the sauce becomes thicker. Turn the sausages frequently.
- Coat the sausages with the sauce.
- Top with the sesame seeds and green onions.
This makes roughly 25 sausages.