Chocolate Strawberry Keto cake
Ingredients for Chocolate Keto Cake
You’ll need a few special ingredients for making this delicious keto cake recipe! Here are the main ingredients you’ll need:
- Erythritol – this is my favorite sugar replacement product! It has very little after taste! I used this granulated erythritol for the cake base and this powdered erythritol for the buttercream (affiliate links).
- Eggs: have the eggs at room temperature for best results. Cold eggs will take longer to whisk.
- Almond Flour: this low-carb flour is perfect for keto cakes! Use a finely-ground flour for best results.
- Cocoa Powder: try Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder for a super rich and chocolatey cake.
- Coconut Oil: refined and neutral flavored coconut oil will work best for this cake.
- Unsalted Butter: use only unsalted, softened butter for the making the strawberry keto buttercream! Soften the butter at room temperature for about 30 minutes prior to using.
- Strawberries: use fresh or frozen (thawed) strawberries for making the strawberry filling. I recommend using fresh strawberries to garnish the cake.
- Sugar-Free Strawberry Preserves: for making the strawberry frosting. Make sure to use a sugar-free version!
- Strawberry Extract: use an extract or an emulsion (a thicker, colored type of extract) for flavoring the buttercream.