Keto White Bread
- Avocado oil spray for the pan
- 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened slightly
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup unflavored whey protein powder
- 1/2 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat the oven to 300F; line a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly
spray the inside with avocado oil.
Add the yeast and warm water to a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside until it’s foamy, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Separate the egg whites from the yolks, each in its own large bowl.
Add the cream of tartar to the bowl with the egg whites. Use a handheld electric mixer to
beat until the egg whites form stiff peaks. Set aside for now.
Add the cream cheese, heavy cream, vinegar, stevia, and foamy yeast mixture to the bowl with the egg yolks. Beat until well combined. Add the whey protein powder, psyllium husk
powder, salt, and baking soda and beat until smooth.
Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture a little at a time, being careful not to
deflate the whites (a few streaks or lumps of egg whites are fine).
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
Turn off the oven and let the bread cool in the oven (oven off, door closefor 30 minutes.
Cool completely before slicing
- This is almost zero carb white bread! Each serving (1 slice) has just 1g net carbs (based on 10 slices per loaf).
- Don’t skip the cool time in the oven, it helps prevent the bread from deflating.
- We all know warm bread is amazing, but let this loaf cool completely before slicing for the best results.
- This bread is quite different from regular bread and it doesn’t toast evenly in a regular toaster! To toast this “White” Bread, we recommend broiling it until golden on each side; but stay with it, the broiler can be tricky! It’s only when you walk away from it that something burns under the broiler.