KETO SUGAR FREE MINT CHIP ICE CREAM
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup monk fruit sweetener
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup macadamia nut milk
- Pinch of salt
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup ChocZero Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a food processor, pulse together mint and monk fruit until a paste forms.
- Over medium heat, combine heavy cream, nut milk, mint mixture, and salt in a small saucepan. Heat for about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk yolks. While whisking slowly, pour in about ⅓ of the cream mixture into the yolks. Then pour the yolk mixture back into the cream filled saucepan.
- Cook the mixture over medium-low heat for a few minutes or until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and let the mixture sit for 30 minutes to allow the mint leaves to steep.
- Strain the custard mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Churn custard cream using an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions. Five minutes before the ice cream is done churning, add ChocZero chocolate chips.