Lemon Chicken Cauliflower Keto Rice
Chicken Cauliflower Keto Rice Bowl
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 stalks green onions, sliced
- 4 cups packed fresh spinach leaves
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until fine and roughly the shape of rice. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet or large non-stick pan to medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add chicken to pan and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Cook 7-10 minutes,
rotating halfway, until browned and cooked through. Remove chicken from
pan and cover to keep warm.
- Add chicken stock to pan and scrape bottom with a wooden spatula to
loosen browned bits.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in cauliflower rice and green onions. Cover and
cook 5-7 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- Stir in spinach leaves, lemon juice and zest. Cook 2 minutes more until spinach is wilted.
- Divide mixture into bowls and top with cooked chicken breast.